Best answer

From Paperform to Airtable: How to manually enter fields in an action?

• 2 February 2021
  • 4 replies

When I pull in test data from Paperform, Zapier apparently pulls in either up to the ten most recent test cases (if they’re from today), or the single most recent case (if there’s nothing new in the last 24 hours).  (At least, that’s what Tech support from Paperform told me.)

If there are questions in the Paperform that are not answered in the test data, I cannot access those questions in the UI when I am setting up the Action in my Zap (e.g. creating a record in Airtable).  Some of what I need is a specific part of a Paperform question (e.g. a SKU in a product question, or a price.) 

1.)  Is there a way to manually type in a reference to questions that are not in the test data? 

2.) How do you manually reference a specific part of a question?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 2 February 2021, 23:40

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@TRP Tech 

That’s a bit tricky as it depends on knowing the naming conventions of the data points returned from the trigger step.

Not sure there’s “official” documentation on how to go about reverse engineering this.

One thing you can try is this…

Dynamic data points to be mapped in steps are enclosed in double brackets {{ }}

The ID at the beginning of the examples seen below corresponds to the Zap ID which can e found in the URL of the Zap Editor or if you copy/paste a dynamically mapped data point out of Zapier.

Example of a posted parameter: {{1234567890__mode}}

Example of a querystring parameter: {{1234567890__querystring__test}}

Thanks, @Troy Tessalone !  That was exactly what I was looking for!

Shame that’s not in a reference page somewhere.  I think that is very handy for building Zaps on forms with lots of logic.  (I won’t need a ton of test data that I have to then delete.)

Cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @TRP Tech 

Best to submit a sample Paperform that has the desired data points answered to then pull thru in your Zap trigger to use as the example record to configure your Zap steps.

Hi @Troy Tessalone ,

That would be best, if I were setting up the Zap and Paperform from scratch.  Unfortunately, I am not; adding testing data that specifically targets all of the questions I need access to is not an option atm. Being able to manually reference questions / answers would be way easier for me than starting all over.

I don’t mind slogging through manuals and documentation, but I can’t seem to find the right one.