Question

Formatting telephone numbers between Wix Forms and ClickUp Tasks

• 12 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi, I’m just in the process of setting up a Zap to connect our Wix Contact Form to create a Task in Clickup, and I’m in the final stages of mapping all of the custom fields.

I’m just having problems ensuring that the required format for the input telephone number matches the one required in Zapier/ClickUp.

According to the Zapier setup the following format is required: The value must be a valid phone number with country code. Example: "+1 123 456 7890" (I’m assuming this is a ClickUp requirement?).  The telephone number formatting on Wix is set to recognise any number input between 4-17 digits.  I would like to keep this as it is so as not to over-complicate the process for the user (and there doesn’t seem to be a way to add a country code drop down menu to auto add this either, which is surprising).

Ideally I would like to change Zapier/ClickUp to accept any number between 4-17 digits.  I can’t seem to see a way to do this (perhaps this is a question for the ClickUp forum?).  I guess the workaround is to change both fields to text values but would rather not do this if possible.

Any thoughts/workarounds welcomed.

Many thanks!​​​​​​

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @loureed138 

You can use a Formatter > Numbers > Format Phone Number step if needed.

https://zapier.com/apps/formatter/help