Best answer

Formatting images automatically added to Google Slides?

• 16 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi there! I already found out how to auto-add an image to Google Slides via Zapier, following the suggestion from below post. However, I wonder how to automatically format images in the right way? I already figured out that if I put the {{{imageVariable}} directly into a shape, then the image will automatically fit that container, but not cropping to fit the entire shape. Just as if in CSS object-fit was set to “contain”. But instead I want it to behave like “cover”, ideally whilst being able to specify how to align in both x and y direction. Is there a way to achieve this?

icon

Best answer by SamB 5 September 2023, 14:51

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @bennofatius 

Good question.

Advanced formatting may require use of the GSlides API: https://developers.google.com/slides/api/reference/rest

Zap action: GSlides - API Request

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the suggestion, Troy. This would certainly be an option. Before exploring “manual” solutions using Goggle’s API, I wanted to check if there are any ready-made solutions for this – can someone from Zapier confirm? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @bennofatius, welcome to the Community! 🙂

I did some checking and there aren’t any advanced styling options like that available for the Google Slides app. It appears you’re not the first to ask in Community about having more control over the styling when creating Google Slide presentations:

There’s a feature request to add additional styling options that’s mentioned on that related topic so I’ve added your vote to that. We can’t make any promises around when that feature might be added but we’ll be sure to send you an email notification as soon as it is. In the meantime, the only workaround I know of would be to use Google Slide’s API Request (Beta) action as Troy suggested.

As we’ve already got one topic in Community tracking this feature request, I’ll be closing this thread out. For anyone who comes across this and also wants their vote added to the feature request please reach out on the main topic and we’ll be happy to get that added!