Best answer

Find unique item ID in Monday.com using "Get Item by Column Value"

• 9 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Hello, 

I'm using a Zap to update an item in a Monday.com board. I'm trying to use the “Get Item by Column Value” search action to pull the right item ID that I could then use in the following action to update the right item in the board.

I added a “unique ID” column type to the Monday board I'm searching in, however that specific column is unfortunately not showing up in the “Get Item by Column Value” step! Which means I'm not able to grab the right item ID corresponding to the record I want to update. 

If I leave it blank to pull all columns, the value appears as null, meaning nothing is being passed from Monday:

Am I missing a step so that the content of the unique ID column gets passed to Zapier?

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by christina.d 10 September 2022, 01:36

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Arno_FQ! Sorry to hear you’re running into this and appreciate you flagging it in the Community!

Hmm, apologies I’m not super familiar with Monday but I wonder if you tried a “Get Column Value” search step first if that would pull the ID? And then perhaps map that in the subsequent steps?

Let us know! 

Hi @christina.d, thanks for your answer. I did try a search first but it doesn't seem to be pulling the ID but I get a null value. I will continue searching. Thank you!