Best answer

How do I find a Slack message posted by a Workflow Builder Automation when using the Find Message action?

• 23 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I am trying to Find a Message in Slack that was posted by the Work Flow Builder Automation. The query in Zapier returns no results. The query in Slacks native search also returns no results; however when I deselect `Exclude automations` from the Slack filter, the message appears in the search results.

Is there a way to include automations in the query within Zapier?

icon

Best answer by jessbib 24 April 2024, 17:26

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @jessbib,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper into this, would you mind sharing a detailed screenshot of how your Zap is configured? Also, please share a screenshot of the “Action” section of the Slack step. Like so:

46dd6c0979e3d815d621b8da43084ef1.png
(view larger)

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Hi Ken,

Thanks for your message. I decided to take a different approach, which is working for me. It doesn’t seem possible to find a message sent by a bot in Slack from within a flow, but you can when it’s the trigger. I’ve split my flow into two separate zaps to accommodate my need.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there, @jessbib! Thanks for the update! You're awesome!

Do you mind sharing your Zap setup with us? It would be super helpful for other members of the Community who might be going through the same thing.

Thanks! 😊