Best answer

FB Messenger>SMS: works with messages direct to page, but not through marketplace

• 18 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am trying to have FB Messenger send SMS to a confirmed cell phone number when a message is sent to a FB page.

It works when someone sends a message directly to the page, but not when someone messages the page through FB Marketplace, which is where most if not all of the messages for that page come from.

Has anyone made this work?

icon

Best answer by ZapKellar 19 November 2021, 20:09

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ZapKellar 

Might be best to open a ticket with Zapier Support to see if they have any guidance: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Something to check might be your settings/permissions for FB Messenger, etc. as it relates to Zapier.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I did do that - and got a great (if disappointing) response:

I'm afraid the bad news here is that we don't currently have an integration for Facebook MarketPlace, which means that, currently speaking, messages posted using Marketplace will not be able to trigger a Zap. It looks like the ability to integrate with Facebook marketplace has been suggested to us before and is on our internal wishlist. So I have gone ahead and logged your email as a vote for that integration.

I don't have an ETA on when that might happen, we get so many new app requests every day, but we do use these lists when we're working on app updates. As we have your email logged as a vote there, we will be sure to drop you an email to let you know as soon as we get any news on that front.

In the meantime, if there's any way to get email notifications directly from Marketplace with the messages you get from users, you could use a workaround where we use an email app trigger to start a Zap. We've got some more documentation on this here: https://zapier.com/blog/add-any-app-to-zapier/#email

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ZapKellar 

FYI: Most Zap app integrations are created and maintained by the app developer, rather than by Zapier, altho unsure who manages the Facebook Zap apps.