Question

Event reminder emails sending all at once

• 25 April 2023
  • 8 replies

Hello All, 

I’ve see a topic for this but the solution given doesn’t seem to work.

I’m using Google calendar as a trigger to send reminder emails 12, 6, 4, 2 weeks and 3 prior to an event starting.

if I a client books at short notice, it causes Many of these emails to send when let’s say, if they book 3 weeks ahead, they only need the 2 week and 3 day reminder emails. What they get is the 12,6 and 4 week reminders all together when I first add the event, 

is there a workaround or solution to this?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Lbean - sorry to hear that that thread didn’t seem to do the trick!

Coming in a little late here so I want to make sure I’m fully understanding - the previous screenshots shared were of a 2-step zap where it’s triggering off events 12 weeks before they begin. 

The recommendation in the linked thread is a 4-step zap and it would likely look like:

1. Event Start - GCal
  2. Formatter by Zapier
  3. Filter by Zapier
  4. Send Email - Sendinblue

It’s worth mentioning, this solution would require a paid plan. If you’ve already given that a shot, as @jayeshkumarbhatia mentioned, screenshots of the Formatter and Filter step setup (with any personal details removed) are super helpful for us to troubleshoot. 🙂

Thanks so much and looking forward to digging into this with you!

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Please share screenshot @Lbean 

I’ve done exactly as was described on the other thread, but it doesn’t seem to behave as expected. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @Lbean ,

The method mentioned in above thread will work you. You will have to edit a bit for each zap. Lets say you have a Zap where you send reminder 10 days before, you will have to subtract by 10 Days. 

Let me know how it goes

I have multiple zaps sending at different time frames. The same as this thread but I didn’t find the solution worked as expected. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @Lbean ,

Can you please share a screenshot of how did you configure this trigger event? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Lbean 

Welcome to the Community! I'm sorry you’re having trouble with your Zap.

Before we dig deeper into this, can you please share a detailed screenshot of how the Zap is configured to give us enough context? (Kindly blur any personal information/detail in the Zap)