Best answer

Etsy Variation Options Formatting

• 13 January 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I'm trying to format the information I'm getting into a more readable format. In Etsy our products have two variations that come into Zapier as "Line Itemoptions Name" for the customer's options and "Line Itemoptions Value" for the customer's selection. Unfortunately, when the record is created in our database it comes in like this:

Finish,Distance

All Matte Black,9"

I'd like to be able to format it so that it looks more like this:

Finish: All Matte Black

Distance: 9"

However, when, for example, I try to separate the options using formatter it's treating it like two separate lines instead of one line with a comma. The output I'm getting from formatter looks like this:

0: Finish

1: Distance

But it's still writing "Finish,Distance" in our database.

As a result I cant use a comma to separate the two outputs as the fomatter seems to treat it as two separate lines but it always sends it out as one line with a comma.

Is there a way to get the output to be only one of the option names?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by PaulKortman 13 January 2020, 19:46

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Peared and welcome to the Zapier Community.

I too have struggled with this issue before. Here's how I did it.

Create a Formatter step - Utilities - Line Itemizer

Fill it in like I did below:

Screenshot 2020-01-13 13.41.34.pngTest it and the result should be:

Screenshot 2020-01-13 13.43.49.pngAnd so you can have your line item Name in one Field and your line item value in another field and it will product Finish, All Matte Black and Distance 9" in the resulting record.

If this doesn't work, please let us know what application and action step you are trying to use this data in, some apps aren't designed to handle line items well. (Screenshots do wonders to enable us to help you)