Best answer

ETA for Stripe adapter to support test environment

• 23 April 2024
  • 7 replies

Hi, is there an ETA for when the Stripe adapter will support the test environment?

I have seen other posts which reference a feature request that can be upvoted, but the link was not included. Can you please share that link so people can upvote for this vital feature?

We can’t really implement zaps that we cannot test… and workarounds like using webhooks and code seem to defeat the no-code benefits from Zapier. Would prefer for the actual Stripe adapter to support the test environment.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by ken.a 24 April 2024, 08:07

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @mdesousa,

Unfortunately, we can’t provide an exact ETA for the feature’s implementation. However, I have added you as another interested member to the open feature request for the Stripe app to allow the connection to be created in test mode. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

We will keep you updated via email once the feature has been implemented.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Thanks @ken.a … is there a link where i can see the list of feature requests and vote for any features that would be useful to us?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @mdesousa,

Unfortunately, we can’t provide you a link for the list of feature request since all our reports are done internally.

Hopefully, this helps.

Ok… i think it’d be great if zapier made them available to allow the community to vote directly. Just a suggestion!

Are there any plans to eliminate the legacy stripe connector? That one actually supports the test environment and may meet our needs. Just want to be sure that it won’t be removed in the near future. Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @mdesousa,

Thank you so much for this valuable feedback, this is how we build and grow Zapier! I've submitted it to our internal database, which our product teams use when looking to make improvements and changes to Zapier.

Additionally, I’m not seeing any reports on removing the Stripe Legacy version. However, if you're using a legacy version, you do not need to update to the latest version. But the legacy version will lose support over time, so Zapier recommends that you update.

Hopefully, this helps!

Thanks @ken.a . Actually, even though the legacy version appears as a listing (see https://zapier.com/apps/stripe-legacy/integrations) we discovered that we cannot add it to new zaps. Would it be possible to at least enable this adapter (which supports stripe’s test environment) until the new connector is fixed to support testing?

Also, is the source code for the stripe adapter open source? If it helps, our engineers could contribute a PR to fix this problem and enable testing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @mdesousa,

I’m sorry for the late reply.

I believe you can use Webhooks by Zapier to trigger on Stripe test environment. More about that here: 

Hopefully, this helps!