Question

Download entire mySQL table/database to Google Sheets? Not just single row.

• 19 June 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hi there,

I’m checking out Zapier for the first time and I have it connect to my mySQL database and Google Sheets. The single row import works fine, but my goal is to pull in either an entire table at one time, or an entire database at one time.

Is there a way that this can be done? I have many databases each with identical tables in them and I’m looking for a way to import all of that data cleanly into Sheets. Not line by line.

Thanks.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @kmdguy

I don’t think that there’s a way to do that straight from mySQL to Google sheets as the MySQL Zapier app doesn’t have an action that will grab more than one row from the database at a time. 

I think that your best option here will be to convert the mySQL database into a csv file. I did a quick Google search for this and it looks like there are a few add ons that can do that for you. 

From there you should be able to upload it into Google Drive and open it directly with Google Sheets. So it doesn’t use Zapier, but will hopefully get the job done! 

In case opening the csv file in Google Sheets doesn’t quite work, or if you want to import a csv in the future, there is a Formatter function called ‘import CSV’ (it’s under the Utilities section) that allows you to import a csv file into a Zap, either as a file object (eg trigger a Zap from a Google Drive file upload) or from a public url. The action converts the csv file into line items that you can then use in an action like Google Sheets Create Many Row(s) to add the rows to a sheet using line items.