Best answer

Discord Message to Wordpress missing hyperlinks

• 25 March 2021
  • 3 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Hello guys!

I have recently created my first Zap which consisted of getting any new messages posted in a Discord Channel used for announcements and creating a new post with its content on my WordPress server that will be shown on my website.

It worked out great at the start, but I noticed that if the Discord message has any links they would be ignored . So I believe the message is being "carried over” in plain text and the post are being created without hyperlinks.

Any advice on how to solve this?

Thank you for your attention

icon

Best answer by steph.n 26 March 2021, 18:37

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Thanks for the context @Cauemd! Yes, that was my next step was to suggest Formatter by Zapier depending on how the text was showing up. It looks like you could find a way to locate each URL and then format them to be hyperlinks (based on WP interprets the structure to be).

Hello steph.n! Thank you for the quick reply! :)

All messages are only plain text from the start. It just took me a while to notice since the few messages we had before didn't have any links. Here are some screenshots to help explain the issue: 

Here is an example of a message posted in Discord. As you can see there are two links in the message.
And here is the Wordpress post being generated. As you can see, the links are sent as plain text.

Any way I can solve this issue? Maybe using the Zapier Formater as an extra action would fix it?

Thank you for your time

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi there @Cauemd - Thanks for writing to us! So that I understand, this worked previously and stopped? Or has it always been this way where all the messages are only plain text? A detailed screenshot would also help us isolate where the issue could be. Alternatively, you may reach out to Support directly: http://zpr.io/t4NNK