Best answer

Creating new lead in pipedrive with Zap / Custom Fields Lead

• 31 December 2021
  • 6 replies

Hi guys,

how can i adress the custom fields which i created in pipedrive with zap.

I want to create a new Lead with zap but i cant create values for my custom lead-fields, but only for the given lead fields.

is there any way?

icon

Best answer by christina.d 3 September 2022, 00:06

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @yasinyaso 

Try clicking the [refresh fields] button at the bottom to load the custom fields for Pipedrive leads.

However, it’s likely you’ll have to use the Pipedrive API: https://developers.pipedrive.com/docs/api/v1/Leads#addLead

App APIs can be used in Zaps with the Webhooks app as an action step: https://zapier.com/apps/webhook/help

its really confusing, bc in “deals” i can see the custom fields but not in Leads..idk why

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@yasinyaso 

Leads in Pipedrive are a newer feature and that can often mean that the integrations aren’t updated yet to support custom fields.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

@yasinyaso Leads custom fields are not available yet in Zapier. Best way is to do it via the API. When you’re using the API, you’ll need to use the fields from the Deal. They’re the same. 

Happy to answer any specific questions. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi there, @yasinyaso! As Nate and Troy mentioned currently custom fields aren’t supported on the Pipedrive Create Lead action. You can also check out this thread here with a similar question: 

That said, there is an existing feature request for this! I’ve gone ahead and added your vote to it. This way if/when this does get implemented we’ll be sure to email you. 🙂

In the meantime, as Nate mentioned using Webhooks by Zapier and Pipedrive’s API could be a workaround! Keep in mind, this is a bit more of an advanced solution so direct support from Zapier may be limited.

If you’re looking for more hands on guidance, consider the Hire a Pro forum/our Zapier Experts directory if you’re willing to pay someone to help you set that up.

Here a few more resources in case it’s useful! 

​​​​​​

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, friends! 👋🏽

I wanted to swing by and update ya’ll that the “Create Lead” action now supports custom fields!

Woohoo! 🎉