Question

creating a trigger for my email application

• 20 April 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello all,

I am trying creating a zap for my file management website which has email functionality too. I want to create a trigger when an email is sent through my application it should send another email via zapier to notify an email is sent(just to begin with). The API SendEmail takes few objects as parameter for eg: composeMail object for email related inputs, and few other parameters, and it returns a json string in format
{Status: “Success”, Message: “Email Sent”} 

Do I need any input fields for this trigger. It is failing test every time.

I created a trigger “on email sent” and gave the URL “https://www.mywebsite.com/myService.asmx/SendEmail” 

How can I create a trigger , if someone can explain step by step. 

Thanks in Advance!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @asmita!

I wanted to check in with you on this one, since we didn't hear back after our last message. Did you still need help here or were you able to resolve things? Please let us know :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @asmita ,

Thanks for reaching out- sorry you are running into failed tests here!

To help us better understand, can you share if you are using an app integration on Zapier or something custom either with your own dev app or maybe webhooks/code? Let us know and we can troubleshoot from there!