Question

created a specific zap

• 16 September 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2

Hello!  I am new to Zapier and wondering if a certain type of Zap can be created and if so if I can do it myself or if I would need to hire a professional.  

I want to connect my my Gmail and Sharefile together using Zapier.  The Zap I am looking to create is not a specific zap.  I know it will require some coding -- I am thinking.  Each client of mine has their own Sharefile folder.  I want to be able to create 2 zaps. 

One - When a client emails us a document I want that document to go directly to the client’s Sharefile folder so we don’t have to upload it or move it mannually.

Two - When we upload a specific type of document to client’s Sharefile folder we want the client to receive a templated email pertaining to that document.

Is this possible to do with Zapier and if so, can I do it myself?

Thank you for your time and input!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @ISCPA!

Since this was a little while ago, I wanted to check in to see if you’d managed to solve this or whether you still needed help here. Please let us know!

Userlevel 2

@Mercology  - would I use the Google Sheets Lookup table with the formatter step or as a filder step.  Can you show me a screen shot of what it should look like or do you know if there is a how to video somewhere for that.  I am trying to look for one myself but don’t know how I would search for something like that - I keep getting Google Sheets interegration and updating rows by using it as a lookup table.

Thank you

Userlevel 2

@Mercology 

So for my first Zap I would need to create a spreadsheet with two columns - one column would be my client’s email address and the second column would be the link to the Sharefile folder.  Is that how that would have to work?

Second Zap - Would I also need the spreadsheet to identify client’s email address?

Thanks so much

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

@ISCPA 

First Zap - If you know the email address of the client you could create a Formatter Zap which has a lookup table.  The table has 2-columns - Email and Folder.  When there is a match on email, you know the folder to store the document.  As an alternative, you could use Google Sheets as the lookup table...same concept.

Second Zap - If the Tax Retruns can be easily identified by Name (i.e. John Smith Tax Return) , you create a filter Zap and only let the ones with “Tax Return” in the filename go forward and have the email sent.

Userlevel 2

Hello @Mercology

Thank you for your reply.  

First Zap - I am using Gmail and Sharefile.  My concern or issue of figuring out is when I receive an email from client with doc how do I get that document into my client’s specific folder and not a general folder.

Second Zap - I am using Sharefile to Gmail.  My concern or issue of figuring out is I don’t want an email to go out everytime I upload a document.  Only when I am uploading a copy of their Tax Returns.  So wondering how to specify that.

Userlevel 2

Hello Mercology,

Thank you for your reply.  

First Zap - I am using Gmail and Sharefile.  My concern or issue of figuring out is when I receive an email from client with doc how do I get that document into my client’s specific folder and not a general folder.

Second Zap - I am using Sharefile to Gmail.  My concern or issue of figuring out is I don’t want an email to go out everytime I upload a document.  Only when I am uploading a copy of their Tax Returns.  So wondering how to specify that.

Thank you again!

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

@ISCPA The answer depends on which File Storage you are using.  If you are using Google, MS Office 365 or dropBox I am pretty sure this can be done. 

Let’s assume you use Google:

When a client emails us a document I want that document to go directly to the client’s Sharefile folder

Trigger: Gmail message received.

Action: Save attachment to Google Drive.

When we upload a specific type of document to client’s Sharefile folder we want the client to receive a templated email pertaining to that document.

Trigger: Document saved to clients share

Action: Gmail, Send email message.