Best answer

Create pdf from the body of an Outlook email

• 14 October 2022
  • 3 replies

I’d like to create a zap where the body of an Outlook email is saved as a pdf to my dropbox.

Manually, I would print the email to pdf or save it as a pdf file - either works.  Not sure how to automate this :/

icon

Best answer by christina.d 15 October 2022, 01:50

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hey again @tamgale !

Looking at the link that Christina shared, I do see these apps as having an action to generate PDFs:

You could likely then pull the file from the output of these steps and then upload it someplace! =)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @tamgale! Thanks for reaching out! 

I did some digging and at the moment Dropbox only supports creating a text file, not a PDF 😔 There is an open feature request for a “Create New PDF” Action though and I went ahead and added your vote to it! While I can’t guarantee when or if this will be implemented, this ensures you’ll be emailed if that changes. We’ll also be sure to keep the topic updated as well. 🙂

There’s some apps that could handle the conversion from text file to PDF! I might recommend checking out some of them here:

Hope some of this helps! I’m eager to hear from the community if there’s any other workarounds that may work here! 

Thanks.  Another way I was thinking about this:

I have a zap where I forward the email to dropbox, and it saves an attachment using the subject line as the file name.

If I could find a way to forward an email to dropbox and instead of saving an attachment it “prints” to pdf and saves the file in dropbox using the subject line as the file name, that would be ideal.  Not sure if “print to pdf” would be considered the same as “save as pdf”, but thought I would mention that as perhaps someone knows of a way of making that work.