Best answer

Create lead and match against contact Dynamics 365 CRM

• 26 August 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hi!

I would like to ask for help or to be guided in the set of a number of steps, what I should choose etc.

I want to create leads that are subscribers from Mailchimp, I then want to connect them to an existing contact in CRM. If the contact does not exist, I want to create a contact based on the same contact data (first name, last name and email) that applies to the lead, and then connect it to the lead. What settings and steps should I use?

I have no problem creating a lead and a contact in one and the same zap, but I see a challenge in connecting these with each other.

Grateful for help

Carl

icon

Best answer by Danvers 31 August 2020, 11:45

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @carpih!

I think what you’re saying here is that when you get a new subscriber in MailChimp, you want to a) check if they’re a contact in MS Dynamics and if not add them and then b) check if they’re a lead and if not add them - is that right?

I’m not super familiar with the relationship between Contacts and Leads in MS Dynamics, but it sounds like you need this kind of flow:

1. Trigger -  MailChimp new subscriber
  2. Ms Dynamics - Find Contact (with the option to create a contact if one isn’t found)
  3. Ms Dynamics - Find Lead (with the option to update the Lead if one isn’t found)
  4. Ms Dynamics - Update Lead - use this step to connect lead to the contact that was found/created in the previous step

Does that sound like it will work here?