Question

Create Google Sheet from xlsx file with values, not formulas?

• 1 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I am sent a weekly pace report via Gmail as an xlsx attachment. I need to be able to extract some of the values from this sheet to plug into a separate Google Sheet. I have several Zaps that do this successfully, by first uploading the xlsx file to Google Drive, and then in the next step turning that file into a Google Sheet.

However, this particular attachment contains formulas that reference a sheet on the sender’s desktop - the formulas are useless to me. When I open these attachments in Excel, it gives me the option to only import values as opposed to formulas. But in my Zap the file is automatically uploaded to Google Drive with the formulas intact. Is there any workaround for this?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Try converting the xslx to CSV you can do this with: Cloudconvert, it should break it. From there you can create a google sheet again.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for this. What’s unclear to me is the next step after I have converted it and the CSV file is on Cloudconvert’s server: how do I upload it to Google Drive?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@marrsgirl 
Just checking in to see if you still need help with this?