Best answer

Create a new zap

• 23 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi there! 

This is a little challenging for me. How do I create a new zap between my podio and my Mailchimp account?

icon

Best answer by Liz_Roberts 5 January 2021, 15:53

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Kelly Pereira 

Both Podio and Mailchimp integrate with Zapier, so that’s a good start!

Here’s a great resource to guide you through building your first zap: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/create-zaps

I’ve also written a blog post with an intro to Zapier and so other good learning resources.

Thank you Andrew!

I’m still having some issues. I’ve loaded the contacts onto MailChimp with a CVS file but now I can't do the last bit of the zap, to select what happens on MailChimp.

Also, is there a way of getting those contacts uploaded onto MailChimp automatically? Or do I need to always upload them myself?

Is this integration with Zapier paid for?

Thank you so much for your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Kelly Pereira ,

Checking in to make sure you are sorted with this Zap! I see you were working with Cameron in Support who provided the below steps. In an effort to assist other members, I am sharing these here!

“What you're wanting to achieve should a single-action Zap that looks like this:

1. Podio: New Item
  2. Mailchimp: Add/Update Subscriber

In the Podio trigger, you can specify what items should trigger the Zap. 

This will be followed by Mailchimp > Add/Update Subscriber. You can select the Mailchimp audience you want to add the subscriber to and add any other details to Mailchimp from Mailchimp that you want the subscriber to have.

In terms of sending an email, the Mailchimp integration Zapier does not have a singular "Send Email" action. But, if you're wanting to send a "Welcome" email (or something similar), this is something you can configure in Mailchimp for new subscribers.

You can learn more about setting up an automation in Mailchimp here. After you've set up an automation in Mailchimp, this should achieve everything you're after:

1. Podio lead created as a subscriber in Mailchimp
  2. The new subscriber will receive an email based on the automation created in Mailchimp”