Best answer

Copy File in Google Drive from Smartsheet: The file isn't copying to Gdrive?

• 15 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi Everyone!

I’m currently creating a Zap where a new file attachment in Smart Sheet gets copied and placed in the correct sub-parent folder. As I set up the Copy File in Google Drive action step, the “file(required)” value isn’t populating with the file selected in the trigger for the overall test. 

I have a picture attached. Appreciate any feedback or suggestion

icon

Best answer by christina.d 24 August 2022, 07:12

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Navin 

Good question.

You probably want to use the GDrive Upload File action instead in the Zap, since you will be uploading a copy of the file from Smartsheet to the GDrive Folder.

Then, you’ll want to use the ‘Custom’ option to map variables between Zap steps.

Help article: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/set-up-your-zap-action#set-up-your-action

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Navin! I wanted to check in and see if Troy’s recommendations did the trick for you?

Keep us posted - we’d love to know. 🤗

Hi @christina.d

Appreciate the follow up. I’m still trying to work around this issue. I have tired the Upload File action but I keep running into the same issue where the attachment I’ve selected from SmartSheet isn’t appearing in the file section of the Upload File in Google Drive Action(I’ll attach a screenshot below).

Normally, I was expect that there would be an ID that I could reference to SmartSheet but every time I use any of the data listed in the dropdown, I create a new file with text in it (For example: if I chose file name called New York, it will create a txt file called “New York” and place it in the folder). 

I might be misunderstanding what to insert inside the “File (required)” area of the Upload File in Google Drive Action. From my current understanding, the file I’ve chosen in the Trigger Step should be the file I’m trying to upload in a specific Google Drive folder. But, it appears I need to insert or maybe reference the file again? If you have any suggestions, would definitely appreciate it!

@Troy Tessalone 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ah, thanks for sharing this!

I saw you were able to open a ticket with my friends in support and they confirmed you’re running into a known bug with Smartsheet. 😔 They were able to add you as an impacted user and we’ll email you once a fix is in place.

So sorry we didn’t catch this sooner as it does look like we have some existing topics in the Community around this:

Feel free to subscribe to that main topic if you’d like to kept in the loop in the Community as well! We’ll be posting any updates there once we have them. 🙂

I’ll be closing this thread for comments in an effort to streamline communication but thank you again for flagging this!