Best answer

Copy a Google Worksheet from a "template" Google Sheet ?

• 20 January 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3

I'm trying to figure out how to create a new worksheet with some headers with styling (bold, center, bg color and dropdown menu).

My main idea was to copy a worksheet from another Google Sheet reference but I can't find it in the list.

I can't copy the whole Google Sheet document as I already have some informations in it.

Do you have any clue on how I can achieve this ?

icon

Best answer by PaulKortman 20 January 2020, 15:36

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Scendre - you won't be able to copy a single worksheet, only the whole Google Sheet I'm afraid.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Scendre Andrew is correct that you cannot copy a single worksheet within Zapier alone. But you do have other more complicated/advanced options as I'll list below: (listed in order from easiest/less automated, to complicated/more automated)

• You could have a stand alone workbook (Sheets Document) that you copy to create your new file. - You'd have one place to make the formatting update moving forward. (But it would not be in the same file as your other worksheets)
  • You could create a new sheet with headers from a Zapier step and then use a Google Sheets Macro to apply formatting to the headers/validation etc. Firing the macro from Zapier is not possible as far as I know.
  • You could create a new sheet with headers from a Zapier step and then use Google Apps Script to apply formatting to the headers/validation etc. - you can fire the Apps script via a webhook through the Zap.

Let us know if you're interested in any of these and we'll see if we can help you with one of those methods.

Userlevel 3

Hmm thanks for your answers !

It seems that the better solution for me is the third one. If you have some ressources on how I can do that, I'll be happy to give it a try ! Thank you @PaulKortman :)