Question

How do I automate Acuity bookings from ThriveCart bump offer purchases?

• 22 April 2024
  • 6 replies

I want to use a bump option in thrivecart for a package that I offer in acuity. 

The idea is they purchase an online course through thrivecart with a bump for a discounted 3-pack of private coaching with me. They purchase the 3-pack through acuity and then can schedule their 3 sessions on my calendar.  When they purchase the 3-pack, it’ll generate a code for them to use when scheduling so they aren’t charged.  I don’t want my client to have to make two separate purchases.  I want it to be one seamless transaction where they pay for their course on thrivecart and their coaching package on acuity all at once.  This means they need to get the coupon code generated in acuity and then sent to their email so they can schedule sessions with me. Is there a way to set this up?  Thanks!

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @nottechy. Welcome to the Community! 😁

It sounds as though you’re wanting to trigger a Zap when a bump is purchased, generate a discount code and then send an email to the client with the coupon code. Am I understanding that correctly? 

If so, the following trigger and action steps should help to achieve the desired workflow:

• TRIGGER: Product Purchase (ThriveCart) - triggers when a specific product is purchased. 
  • ACTION: Add Coupon Code (Acuity Scheduling) - generates a new coupon code.
  • ACTION: Send Outbound Email ( Email by Zapier) - sends an email to the client with their coupon code.

Hope that helps to get you started. If I’ve misunderstood or you run into any trouble on setting that up do let us know - happy to assist further!

Yes.  I believe this is what I want so I will try it.  Thanks!

Thanks again for answering me on this!  Instead of the coupon code being sent to the customer from zappier email, Is there a way to capture the name and email from the acuity and then send it through my convertkit visual automation sequence with the code in it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Happy to help with this, @nottechy! 🙂

The ConvertKit app on Zapier has an Add Subscriber to Sequence action. I’m thinking you could potentially use that action to add the name, email and coupon code to the visual automation sequence in ConvertKit.

Can you give that action a try and let me know how if that works as hoped?

That does get an email to the purchaser!

My problem is:

How do I get the newly generated, unique acuity code to show up in the email?  is there special coding I need for that?  Or am I missing a step in between generating the unique coupon code in acuity and sending the code to the client?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Glad to hear that worked, @nottechy. The code itself should be output by the Create Coupon action in the Certificate field.

In the Add Subscriber to Sequence action, if you map that Certificate field from the Add Coupon Code action, does that get it appearing in the email?

Looking forward to hearing from you!