Question

Connecting to Google Shared drive

• 2 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Has anyone been successful connecting to a Google Shared Drive as opposed to a personal Google Drive folder? We need to create Google docs in a Shared Drive but Zapier doesn’t appear to be able to access Shared Drives?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Dana S just stepping in here! Were you able to figure this out? I am also wondering if you have added 2 different Google Accounts to your Zapier account and maybe you are trying to add things to an account that the Drive is shared with, rather than the account that owns the Drive. I’m not really sure where the line is, in terms of ownership/permission when it comes to a shared account so perhaps we can figure this out together. :slight_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Article: https://zapier.com/help/doc/common-problems-google-drive#not-all-my-files-are-triggering-my-new-file-in-folder-zap

Also, you cannot trigger or act upon a folder shared with you, so files added to folders you don't own will not trigger the zap. The connected account must be the owner.

Userlevel 1

Good morning Troy,

That is great info to know, thanks. This does not affect the fact that I may have created the Shared Google Drive in my organization and just want the created Google Docs to go to that Shared Drive (that I created). I guess if created them but they live in my organization’s Shared Drives list, I don’t own them anymore I guess? (Although I still have the ability to delete them if I want… ?)