Best answer

Confirmation Email

• 31 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi, I’d like to ask if it’s possible for the email to auto generate the information?

We build Welcome Email, every new card entered in Trello Card it will automatic send a Welcome Email.

But we want the email to have the information as well that is entered in Trello. Like this 

Reply “yes” to confirm your order details or make changes.  We are excited to provide your free Loop TV Player(s), free shipping, free installation, and free digital ads to promote your business.

Business Name:

Business Address:

Business Address 2:

City:

State:

Zip code:

# of Locations:

# of TVs:

So we wanted to have the field Business name etc., to have information automatic when sending the welcome email. Is it possible?

icon

Best answer by SamB 31 March 2023, 11:15

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @keycamillereyes!

You can absolutely do that using Zapier! 

It sounds like your Zap would start with the Trello Trigger New Card then you’ll need to add an action that will send an email (eg using the Gmail Send email action)

The trigger will send the information from the card, which you can then add into the email. For more information about using information from previous steps in your Zap, check out this help guide: Send data between steps by mapping fields

​I hope that helps, please let us know if you have any questions!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi! the only thing I can see when I add the action Email Outlook is the From Email, CC,BCC, TO EMAIL, Body type (Text or HTML), Body, and Attachment.

There’s no field to add other information that will personalize our Welcome Email when Zap triggers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @keycamillereyes 👋

If the Trello card has custom text fields that contain the necessary personalised information, then you can select them individually to personalise the message you’re sending. For example if I have the following custom fields in a Trello Card:

08383b2319a63883968ca7424c4b28bd.png

I can then select those in the fields in a Microsoft Outlook action. If you click into the Body field where you want to add the personalised information, then select the relevant field from the dropdown menu that appears, that will add it into the message.

For example:

4552d19bb9178c56d077a28b82a42d86.png

Hopefully that helps to explain how you can personalise the details of the message. Please do give that a go and let us know how you get on! 🙂

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi, can I ask another question please. The syncing on the Mastersheet is not quite right.

So it should be, everytime a new data come in should be at the bottom, but the data will came randomly in any row. 

There’s no error on the zaps that I receive,

Is there any thing that I can fix in here? Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @keycamillereyes! Thanks for reaching out.

I can see you were able to open a ticket with my teammates in support! I’d recommend continuing to troubleshoot there as they’ll likely need to view your spreadsheet to see what the issue is. If you're not seeing a response, please check your spam/junk folder in case it’s ended up there by mistake. If it's not there I recommend searching your whole email inbox for emails ending in ‘@zapier.com’. 🙂

As a heads up, Google Sheets/Excel can be pretty fussy and if they’re not setup a specific way the zap likely won’t work correctly. Here’s a few resources on what an ideal setup looks like and some common troubleshooting steps to take in the meantime:

Keep us posted how this is going for you! 🙂