Question

Clio updating task when a new email comes in

• 8 May 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hello guys, I need help implementing a solution on clio integration. Here’s what we like to do:

1. Create a trigger for gmail new email
  2. Parse out client name from the email
  3. Get the clio matter ID using the client name
  4. Mark a specific task in clio as complete based on the matter ID  or whatever unique field I can use

I tried but I’m having a problem getting the task ID which is a required field to update a task in clio.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Arsie,

Before we dig deeper into this, could you please share screenshot with how your Zap is configured? Especially, the step where you’re having the issue? Please don’t include/blur out any personal information in the screenshot.

Thanks! 😊

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

here’s the screenshot, we got no way to get the task ID, the trigger is gmail, when a new email comes in:

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I found an API, https://app.clio.com/api/v4/tasks.json?matter_id={matterId}&fields=id,name 
Can anyone help me use this on my zap action instead? I tried but I’m getting unauthorized error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hey there @Arsie -

Looking at your Zap plan, and considering the complexity of this set up, I would recommend reaching out to our Support team to take a closer look at your account and help you get this Zap set up successfully! 

Please do let us know if you have any other questions in the future, have a great day!