Best answer

Client Authentication in Zapier through Outside Web App

• 8 September 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hello, 

I’m working on a web app using google sheets and sharepoint that updates data using Zapier. 

I’d like for clients to authorize Zapier to connect to their own Google Sheets and Excel documents from the web app. 

Does anyone know of a way to have clients authorize Zapier to access different sheets and sharepoint accounts from a separate web app? It seems like web hook or api could work but would this be secure?

thanks!

icon

Best answer by Wemakefuture 8 September 2020, 23:38

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Good question. Let me put it into my own words, you want that from your Zapier account many other sheets get accessed to grab data and push it to many other SharePoints?

If so - short answer, well these sheets and accounts have to be authorized from your Z account. A way that would work is that every client is creating an API token for his sheet in cloud.google.com send it over and you access this from Zapier. BUT this is not really security.…

Ideal is to create a zap and export it as json let clients import it and at a defined webhook endpoint you receive data from every client. But every client than has to have Zapier. You could also do google sheet scripts…

If you want we can consult you this sounds challenging :)