Best answer

Can Zapier work with Thunderbird, PostBox, or Apple Mail?

• 7 May 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

My Client wants to use Zapier (along with Outlook and Gmail) to hook desktop email clients like Thunderbird, Apple Mail, and PostBox.

Are desktop email clients supported in any way?

If not directly, are there any workarounds?

Thanks,

icon

Best answer by Morkus 10 May 2021, 20:45

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Morkus!

While the apps themselves may not be supported you can look at our SMTP and IMAP apps, to connect directly to the email accounts :)

Badge

Thanks. I think the client is interested in Thunderbird or Postbox having the web hook themselves so they can do something when triggered. My concern with this is that each program, if web hooks are supported, will be likely different. If it were easy to embed a web hook, I wouldn’t need Zapier for several client requirements. I could just have a web hook call a REST service and I could then do lots of what I normally need to do. I mentioned to the client that Zapier works best with “web apps” like Outlook and Gmail.

Another alternative, the one I picked, was to create a special Zapier email address and forward emails from all these other programs to that Zapier email account. Then, you have the Zapier trigger and you can do whatever you need to do. This is my solution.

Thanks,