Best answer

Can Zapier Update Records with Multiple Values?

Good day Zapier Community, 

Currently, I am using two (2) tools being integrated with Zapier. The first trigger would be to Create a New Form entry via Zoho with specific data, then the next action would be to create a New Record to Airtable wherein the data gathered from Zoho will be disclosed to the specific table from Airtable. I would like to ask if there is an action on Zapier to update multiple records from the Zoho forms that our clients are accomplishing?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 15 March 2023, 01:25

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Francoco_loco23 

Good question.

Perhaps you can outline a specific example with screenshots in order for us to have more context.

Hi @Troy Tessalone,

So my first Trigger would be to Create a New Form via Zoho

Then, once I already chose the right form to be used for the zap, the next trigger would be to Create a New Record in Airtable, with the proper base and specified table. Then I will choose the data from the Zoho form entry which would be disclosed in the “Candidate Data” Table via Airtable.

Then, after the creation of Airtable record, the final action would be to Update the Record but unfortunately I can only update one record.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Francoco_loco23 

In Step 3, what record(s) are you trying to update?

Is it a different record, then the one created in Step 2?

If you are trying to do 1+, then try using the Looping app: https://zapier.com/apps/looping/help

For Step 3,

The record I am trying to update would be another column in another table on Airtable from the Zoho form record.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Francoco_loco23 

Would you need to use a Find Record step before the Update Record?

Hi @Troy Tessalone,

What does the Find Record action do again?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Francoco_loco23 

Available Zap triggers/actions for Airtable: https://zapier.com/apps/airtable/integrations#triggers-and-actions

Hi @Troy Tessalone,

For the looping action, how will I try to format the action steps for my zap to update multiple records?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Francoco_loco23

We’ll need you to outline a specific example in order for us to have enough context to evaluate and advise what you are trying to configure the Zap to do.

Hi @Troy Tessalone ,

For Step 2, once I have created a new form entry from Zoho, the data that would be disclosed would be part of this table. 

The date of Submission is very important in this zap since I would like to put this in another table, so for Trigger 3, the next action would be to Update Record, specifically for Date of Submission column. The matching would be based on Candidate’s Email ID.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Francoco_loco23

Try these Zap steps…

Action: Airtable - Find Record (search by email)

Action: Airtable - Update Record (map the Record ID from the previous step)

Will these Action be implemented in the Loop?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Francoco_loco23 

If you have multiple items that you need to iterate thru, then you can use the Looping app and those actions would exist within the Loop.

Otherwise, the Looping app won’t be necessary.