Question

Can Zapier dynamically create HTML table rows in "send email" for invoice line items?

• 7 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I’m trying to use Zapier to send an e-mail invoice based on new orders created in Airtable. The e-mail should therefore be HTML, and the primary reason to do it this way is because Airtable doesn’t support full HTML. For layout reasons e.g. tables need to be supported.

I got the basic setup working and put in some raw HTML invoice layout in the body window. Got some variables in to test the basics works, and it does.

BUT, then it hit me that I can’t know in advance how many products would be on each order, so a static HTML table for invoice line items wouldn’t be good. Either some products could be left off, or I would end up with a line item table with e.g. 9 empty rows if there was one only product in that order.

So, is there a way to have Zapier dynamically create part of the HTML based on the amount of products (= lines) in an order?

Rgds,

Björn

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @BjörnE ,

Yes, this is possible but you will have to hire a Zapier Certified Expert from here This is a very advanced approach and only an expert can help you. 

Let me know if you need any help.