Best answer

How to auto-pin WordPress post's featured image to Pinterest using Zapier?

• 20 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I’ve been trying to have my wordpress post automatically pin to pinterest - only issue is i dont know how to have it pull my featured image as the pinterest image. Any suggestions? Thank you!

icon

Best answer by SamB 24 April 2024, 15:46

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @Redraven!

Ah, yes it looks like we don’t get the URL to the actual image itself so you wouldn’t be able to select that from the WordPress trigger. We’ve got a feature request open for the ability to get a direct link to the image so I’ve added your vote for that. We’ll be sure to email you and post an update in the thread here as soon as that becomes available.

In the meantime, you could try adding a Webhooks by Zapier action to retrieve the image. You’ll want to select the Custom Request action event, set the Method to be GET and select the Links Wp Featuredmedia Href field from your WordPress trigger. That should look something like this:

732eef0ae0123648263d5dab522f1a28.png
When you test the action you should then see the URL to the image in the guid rendered field:
91a53ab36a85d73b7dc7f301c8b36f4c.png
You can then select that guid rendered field on the Pinterest action. That should allow the post image to be added to Pinterest. Hope that helps, please do let us know whether that does the trick! 🙂

Userlevel 1

I will give that a shot thanks! I think being able to pull the image is a big help especially trying to get pinterest to work. Another feature i’d like if it doesn’t exist is the ability to pull a posts categories or tags and insert them as hashtags into a social media post description. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi folks, 

I have good news - the latest version of the WordPress app now provides the Feature Media URL and all the Media URLs linked to your posts! 😁🎉

Hope that helps! That said, if you experience any issues accessing those urls please do reach out in the Community or get in touch with Support directly. In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡