Question

Can I embed a survey on my site and display randomized answers with Zapier?

• 13 September 2023
  • 3 replies

I am looking to embedd a one question survey on my website, then randomize all the answers to show just one (publicly) with a shuffle button to randomize again. Is this doable with Zapier?

I have been looking for solutions on website plugins, Wordpress forums, etc. and have yet to find something. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @kgeary1252 , welcome to the Community!

Am I correct in thinking that you want to display one answer at random (out of all the survey responses) on your WordPress website? If so I don’t think this is something you’d use Zapier for necessarily. 

You might be able to use a WordPress plugin that would allow you to output a random custom post (assuming the survey responses are stored in your website’s database as a custom post type). 

Alternatively, perhaps you could use some Javascript code to randomly show and hide a post (in a list of posts) on your webpage?

Hope that helps to get you pointed in the right direction. Please do keep us updated on how you get on with this! 🙂 

Hi - Yes, that’s what I was thinking! Was hoping someone had a recommendation for any of the above but nothing yet. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for getting back to me here @kgeary1252

Your best option would likely be to use an existing WordPress plugin for this. That said, I can’t recommend a specific WordPress plugin that would work best for your needs here but perhaps one of the plugins listed at  https://wordpress.org/plugins/search/random+post/ might do the trick? 

Sorry to not be able to help more. Perhaps it’s worth asking about this in the WordPress forum? Someone there may well have tried to do something similar in the past or have a better idea of how to build this functionality into your WordPress website.