Question

Can I access custom field from Dovetail in Zapier?

• 1 March 2023
  • 1 reply

I want to push Insights from Dovetail into Teams, which works well. Some of the Insights I would rather not push through into Teams, and I thought a custom field would be the best way to filter the Insight.

I can’t work out how to reference the custom field in Zapier - is this possible in the Zapier\Dovetail integration, and how would I do it?

Thanks!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Madgex, welcome to the Community!

If you’re wanting to prevent any information that’s located within a custom field in Dovetail from being added into Teams, then you could just avoid selecting that field in the Teams action. That way it wouldn’t get passed over to Teams.

Or are you saying that you’d want these insights to be added into Teams but in a custom field? And the custom field that contains the insights in Dovetail isn’t coming through to Zapier? If so, are the custom fields added under Extensions? Asking as I spotted that there’s a feature request to have extensions supported so we might need to get you added to that if that’s the case.

Looking forward to hearing from you!