Question

Calendly to Google Sheets - I want to leave my formulas or drop down boxes untouched amongst Zapier data

• 14 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi there,

I am trying to set up a Calendly to Google Sheets Zap. My spreadsheet will only populate certain cells in the row from calendly and I want those cells that have no data being passed to leave my drop down boxes and / or formulas in place. At present when the Zap runs it is removing my dropdown / formulas and replacing them with a totally blank cell.

Is there a way to stop this happening so that the data from Calendly is populated where needed but the other cells are left alone?

Thank you very much for any help,

Dreamy

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Dreamy 

Good question.

When Zaps run it inserts a new row instead of filling in an existing row.

You can add formulas to fields in the GSheet Zap action step config.

Alternatively, you can use an advanced ARRAYFORUMULA in the GSheet: https://support.google.com/docs/answer/3093275?hl=en

As a workaround, I’d suggest using Airtable instead of GSheets: https://zapier.com/apps/airtable/integrations#triggers-and-actions

Hi @Troy Tessalone thank you for responding I really appreciate it.

Unfortunately I am pretty tied to having to use Google Sheets and where possible I have added in array formulas. It is mainly the dropdown boxes being over written that is my biggest issue. Do you know if there is a way of being able to add in dropboxes using the zap action step config please? 

It would be fantastic if Zapier could allow cells not populated with information from the Zap to be left alone so we can have our own input on the google sheet spreadsheet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Dreamy 

Do you know if there is a way of being able to add in dropboxes using the zap action step config please? 

Not that I’m aware of.

When the Zap Runs it inputs a new row.

For example, if your GSheet tab has 100 rows, and the Zap runs, it will now have 101 rows.

I don’t believe the new row won’t keep the existing dropdown options.