Best answer

Calendar sync between squarespace and treatwell calendar

• 28 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello everyone,

My wife runs a small beauty salon. On our website we use squarespace acuity scheduling for clients to book online appointments. We also use treatwell (it's like uber for salons, great to get new customers) but this calendar doesn't sync with any external calendars (used to sync one way with google but not anymore).

When treatwell used to sync one way all our own website appointments were automatically blocked in treatwell but we had to manually add blocks in scheduling (our website) when a booking was made in treatwell. Now that not even the one way sync works we have to manually block each appointment in both calendars.

We need something that will automatically block time slots in both calendars according to new bookings made. No booking info required just the calendar (employee) and start and end times. This would need to run automatically 24/7 and auto trigger once new appointment is booked in either calendar or every 2-5 minutes.

Our website calendar (scheduling) syncs 2 way with google calendar but as treatwell doesn’t now we do it manually which is very time consuming and frustrating sometimes and if we don’t do it fast enough we might have double/overlapping bookings. I’d like to sync treatwell directly to squarespace and not via google calendar if possible, but as a last resort will use the squarespace-google integration.

As far as I know treatwell doesn't have an API which might be a problem.

Both treatwell and squarespace need login information. 

If possible to get notifications about the tasks performed even better (eg.: when it automatically adds a block or modifies/canceles a block in either calendar).

The bot/software basically needs to block time slots in squarespace/treatwell based on appointments booked on the other platform. It also need to update the block if rescheduled or delete it if appointment is cancelled. It also needs updating if any changes come into place. It doesn't need to fill in client or appointment information just add a block in the calendar with the correct therapist.

It this achievable with zapier? If so how would I go about it? 

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear, please ask any further questions if you need.

PS.: I did reach out to some professionals to create a standalone software but the quotes we received were over our budget and I’d thought about trying to give it a go myself. 

icon

Best answer by Brem 28 March 2023, 22:53

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @StefanD 

Welcome to the Community!

I’m not sure if there is an app that has a feature of blocking an appointment but you can check this link about our top calendar apps and software.

Also, you may try using Calendly if that suits the workflow you want. A lot of our customers are using it to book appointments.

Hopefully, this helps!

Hi @StefanD 

Welcome to the Community!

I’m not sure if there is an app that has a feature of blocking an appointment but you can check this link about our top calendar apps and software.

Also, you may try using Calendly if that suits the workflow you want. A lot of our customers are using it to book appointments.

Hopefully, this helps!

Thanks for your reply.

We kind of like and need treatwell as it send quite a few new customers as it has its own marketplace as it the largest european salon booking client.

I saw that zapier integrates with acuity and it is quite easy (I think) to add a zap based on updates in acuity calendar but, I was wondering if zapier can do things like scrape treatwell calendar to add blocks into acuity and add blocks into treatwell based on acuity zapier trigger.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @StefanD 

I've added your vote for a Treatwell integration to our internal app wishlist, and we'll be sure to let you know if/when this app is added to Zapier. In case you're curious, here's more on how new services typically get added to Zapier: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496275663501-Request-to-add-a-new-app-to-Zapier.