Question

Beginner embed and permissions questions

• 14 January 2023
  • 1 reply

I’m considering starting a company and hiring some profesional help and I have a couple general questions about how the embed feature works. 

1. If I were to sell subscriptions to a website that had the zapier builder embedded in the site would users have to login to my website and then login into zapier? Is there a way to avoid having to login twice? I’m thinking like using the “teams” or “company” zapier subscription level and basically the subscribers to my website would just be using my zapier account to build their zaps. Is something like this possible? 
2. I see on the embed info page that you can select which apps you make available on the embedded zap builder. Is it possible to restrict which apps are available by user? 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Jwstimac, welcome to the Community!

Embedding Zapier would allow users to access their own Zapier account from within your app. They wouldn’t be logging into your own Zapier account. It’s doesn’t appear to be possible to restrict the apps shown on the Zap templates on an individual user basis when embedding. More details about the embed feature can be found here: Zapier Platform > Documentation > Embed

That said, it sounds like you might be looking to resell Zapier to your users, is that correct? If so, that’s not going to be possible. Reselling is against the Zapier Terms of Service:

You agree to use the Service a only for your own internal business operations, and not to transfer, distribute, sell, republish, resell, lease, sublease, license, sublicense, whitelabel or assign the Service or use the Service for the operation of a service bureau or time-sharing service.

Hope that helps to clarify. Let us know if you have any questions!