Question

Automating the Creation of Staggered Invoices in QuickBooks

• 19 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello everyone, I am looking to automate a process between HubSpot and QuickBooks using Zapier and need some advice. Here's my situation:

I use HubSpot to manage quotes and purchase orders. When a quote is accepted and signed in HubSpot, I want to automatically generate multiple invoices in QuickBooks, based on staggered payment terms (for example, payment in 3 or 4 installments).

I would like to know how to set up a Zap to:

Trigger an action in QuickBooks when a quote is marked as accepted in HubSpot.
Create multiple invoices in QuickBooks based on the total of the accepted quote, divided into several staggered payments (without manual entry).
Does anyone have experience with a similar setup or suggestions on the best way to structure this Zap? Specific advice on how to map fields between HubSpot and QuickBooks and manage staggered payments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @sebastiennnn 

We would need more context about the logic to apply for how to determine the # of payments based on the data from HubSpot.

Please outline specific examples to help clarify.

Help article about how to configure Zap action steps: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/set-up-your-zap-action

hi, @Troy Tessalone 

Some of my customers need each payment due date to become a separate invoice.

Thanks for your reply 

Seb.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @sebastiennnn 👋

Hmm, in order to have the multiple payments set up you’d need some way of identifying how many invoices are needed. Is this information available in the information that’s send to the Zap by HubSpot?

If so, then you’d also need to some way of generating the different due dates for the invoices if the dates aren’t passed over from HubSpot. Once you’ve got the due dates you could use them in a Looping by Zapier action to create multiple invoices - one for each due date. See our Loop your Zap actions guide to learn more about how to use loops in a Zaps.

That said, I’ve just been checking the available triggers for Hubspot and I can’t see any that would allow you to trigger a Zap when a quote is accepted. So I’d recommend reaching out to our Support team to put in a new feature request for that type of trigger to be added. In the meantime we may need to get a bit more creative…

When a quote is accepted in HubSpot does that update the customers details in someway? Just wondering if we’d be able to see that quote approval when using a Contact Recently Created or Updated trigger. Thinking it might pick up that a field relating to the quote was accepted. Do you think that might work or would one of the other available HubSpot triggers be able to see the approval perhaps? 

Alternatively, are you able get sent an email notification from HubSpot when quotes are accepted that would contain the necessary details? If so, and those notifications contain the necessary details then you could try using an app like Email Parser for the trigger. See Trigger Zaps from new parsed emails for details.

Looking forward to hearing from you on this!