Question

Autoanswering for incoming booking on uplisting using openphone

• 25 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello, I'd like to use zapier to automate some work processes.
But the question is - will it be possible to automate the following scenarios.
Example - (we have many housings on airbnb, booking, etc. They all are connected to the uplisting, and for each separate housing there are separate check-in/check-out instructions, etc. to be sent)
-Incoming of new booking on uplisting of housing A;

-Creating new contact on openphone

-Sending this contact individual message for check-in instructions for housing A

-And same for housing B,C, etc.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @ihgestate!

This is definitely the kind of thing you can do with Zapier. Looking at your description, you could set up a Zap that looks like this:

1. Uplisting - New Booking
  2. Openphone - Create or Update contact
  3. Text/email app of your choice - send message

It sounds like you’re new to Zapier, if you are, these resources will be helpful:

Will it Zap? How to work out if Zapier can help you with your workflow

Zapier essentials (from Zapier Learn)

​I hope that helps, please let us know if you have any questions!

Hi @ihgestate!

This is definitely the kind of thing you can do with Zapier. Looking at your description, you could set up a Zap that looks like this:

1. Uplisting - New Booking
  2. Openphone - Create or Update contact
  3. Text/email app of your choice - send message

It sounds like you’re new to Zapier, if you are, these resources will be helpful:

Will it Zap? How to work out if Zapier can help you with your workflow

Zapier essentials (from Zapier Learn)

​I hope that helps, please let us know if you have any questions!

Thank you for your reply, Danvers.
I see that. But in the scenario you've provided as far as I understand, we would be able only to send the same text to all the incoming bookings. As I've stated earlyer, I'd need to automate the process that way so for each separate incoming booking on each separate housing the specific message relevant for this exact housing would be sent to client’s number, that has booked this specific housing.
And create separate zaps for each separate housing

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@ihgestate The texts have the potential to be different for each booking as long as the fields are mapped appropriately. If the instructions/descriptions are the same for each booking, you can use the same template with one Zap by mapping your fields appropriately. I’m going to link to helpful articles for this: 

Mapping Fields Help Doc

Mapping Fields Article 

Mapping your fields will allow things like Name, Address, Key Code, etc to be changed, while the base template message remains the same. 

Now, if the instructions/description or base template need to differ, then yes that would be separate Zaps per booking. Keep in mind that you can easily set this up by duplicating your Zap, and then making adjustments where needed. 

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any additional questions!