Best answer

How do I automate creating a project and adding a client as a guest in Asana when they purchase in Stripe?

• 22 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Hey all!

I would like to create the following automation but I can’t seem to figure it out, so I hope I could get some help.

It goes as follows: 

1. Client onboards with us (purchase is made in Stripe)
  2. A project gets automatically created with their company name
  3. The client gets automatically added to the project as a guest via their email

That’s it

I’m not 100% sure if it’s currently possible with Asana. 

But I’d love to get some advice on this. 

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by SamB 22 September 2021, 12:29

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @MratioT 

While you can create project is Asana via Zapier, there is no option to invite someone else to that project. For that there are several platforms I can think of, although you can play with some CRMs and see which does the best.

You can set your Zap like this using Google drive:

• Trigger: New payment in stripe
  • Action: Create a new Google drive folder, you can use the person name and email to create the folder
  • Action: Use “file sharing preference” from Google drive app to get the shareable link
  • Action: Use “Gmail” app to send the folder link to the client.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just wanted to follow up here as spotted that we’ve got an existing feature request for the ability to add users to projects. So I’ve added @MratioT’s vote to that. We’ll be in touch by email once it becomes possible! :) 

Looking at Asana’s API endpoints it seems like it’s possible to invite Asana users to a project - Add users to a project. So in the meantime, it might possible (depending on how Asana’s API handles authentication) to use a Webhook by Zapier step to invite users to projects.

More information on how to add webhook actions to a Zap can be found here: Send webhooks in Zaps

Mod Edit: Also wanted to suggest using Asana’s API Request action for this as it would handle the authentication side of things for you so it’s slightly easier to set up than the webhook action mentioned above. Read our Set up an API request action guide to learn more. 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey folks! 👋

Just popping by here with a quick update to let you know that the team have decided not to pursue the feature request (for the ability to add users to projects) at this time. Sorry for the bad news on that, if anything changes on the status of this feature request, we’ll be sure to let you know right away!

Please do reach out in Community if you have any questions or if there’s anything else we can help with in the meantime.