Question

How do I automatically run a query to a Zap based on someones request till they opt in to turn it off?

Not really sure how to word this but I need something done in the background ( not public side ) a trigger of sorts to be done after say every 4 hours is there anyway to do that? Almost like a cron job for a zap? Thanks!

Edit: I wanted to edit my title as I realized how confusing it sounds but can’t! 😂

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @TheRealDeal 

Try this Zap trigger: Schedule

Hey Troy!

You KNOW I did see that in a tutorial you all had done so will revisit it! I forgot you had that and I’ll give it a go.  Thank you for the quick response! 

It seems the schedule is grey’d out in zapier what does that indicate? I had a feeling it might be I’m not a paid subscriber but that isn’t it. Any other ideas? thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@TheRealDeal 

Schedule can only be used as a Zap trigger step.

@TheRealDeal

Schedule can only be used as a Zap trigger step.

Yes, starting to see that. Seems the Form Submission has occupied the trigger section can’t add the Scheduler as a trigger so not sure where I could use this Schedule.

Unless I figure out how to use it as the zap to start. I think I’m starting to see how that might work looking into it now.

This was a bit more complicated haha ..

So a question. If I hae my schedule as the the trigger ( the very first block ) does this mean it will only automate whatever I do in the next step or can I tell it to automate something else later in the flow?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@TheRealDeal 

Depends on the Zap step logic.

The Zap will only run when the Zap trigger conditions are met.

The Zap action steps will only run when that step is reached.

For example, if there is a Filter step, and the Zap Run data does not pass the Filter step, then the following Zap action steps would NOT try to run.