Best answer

Advanced Custom Fields in WooCommerce

• 2 February 2020
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 1

Does anyone know how to get Zapier to recognize a new Woocommerce product field created with Advanced Custom Fields?

icon

Best answer by christina.d 11 August 2021, 22:38

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi there @constantconcepts when you say that Zapier isn't recognizing the field, could you clarify what you mean, specifically? Do you mean that the field isn't showing in a step of the Zap? And if so, what trigger/action are you not seeing the field in?

One thing you can try to refresh the fields that you see in an action step is to click the 'Refresh fields' button, which is at the bottom of the fields in the step.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @constantconcepts ,

Checking in to see if you were all set with this Zap or if you are still experiencing any issues! If the latter, just let us know and we can keep digging here!

Hi there Liz,

I am facing the same issue. I have put few custom fields using ACF into my woocommerce products online but when I try to add products using Zapier with google sheet “New row” as a trigger it says : Zapier cannot retrieve the custom fields of the products. 

Sometime the notification does not show but the ACF fields are just not showing on the Woocommerce customize your product fields for me to fill with data from the google sheet.

I tried using ACF to REST api plug in, I tried REST API controller, but nothing seem to help.

Hope you can help cause I thought Zapier new update would allow us to go two ways integration.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @mshang81 

Sorry we missed this! Did you sort this, or are you still having issues?

I have exactly this problem - Custom fields which not working with Zapier

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Iman I think I know what you are referring to here, but can you share a screenshot of the settings in zapier for “Customize your Product” area of the Woo Step?

There’s a known issue with how custom fields are pulled into the UI in Zapier. You can also see this in Google Sheets, if you want to create a new row in a Google Sheet and instead of selecting the Google Sheet from the dropdown value you switch over to custom and put the google sheet ID in there (from a previous step) -- in the Google Sheets example if you put the ID in from a previous step (or hard coded) it will not find the columns (fields) for that sheet and therefor you cannot populate the data in these columns. 

Similarly, if you are dynamically specifying the product (type?) it may not be able to display the custom fields as it needs the product type to be hard selected and not custom derived from a previous step. 

This can be confirmed by seeing a screenshot of the “Customize your product” area on the zap.

Hi,

Any updates on this problem, when Zapier gives an error when trying to create a new order to Woocommerce via Rest API?

Error when trying to migrate fields needed to create order, says:

“Zapier had trouble retrieving custom fields from WooCommerce.”

Importing data from Woocommerce to Zapier works fime.

I’m using Woocommerce Zapier and Checkout Field Editor for Woocommerce. Also custom fields are visible when for example searching Woocommerce orders with Zapier integrations, so this must be a Zapier UI problem.

Rest API creditentials are set to both read/write.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Timo 

Best to contact support about this as they track progress on issues, and can add you as an affected user to be notified if anything changes.

You can open a ticket here: https://zapier.com/app/contact-us

Reviving this thread as I’m trying to access whether the updated Woocommerce app allows custom fields to pass through to Zapier. I have read through the documentation for the updated app but it isn’t clear to me that custom field functionality was impacted by the update.  If not I can choose a different path to resolution.  Anyone have experience with this and the new woocommerce app?  Best case is this can be done through the ‘insert data’ function during the mapping process.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @TimTimany!

I’m not 100% sure if the new WooCommerce integration supports ACF. Their team owns and maintains the integration so I’d suggest getting in touch with them to see if that’s supported :) If you do get a definitive answer, we’d love it if you could share it in this thread so the Community can see it!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @TimTimany , @Timo , @Iman  and @constantconcepts !

As Nick mentioned since WooCommerce owns and maintains their integrations, it’s truly up to them when this gets implemented. That said there is an open topic regarding this feature that may provide more context if you’d like to follow along.

I’ve also gone ahead and added all of your votes to this request. That way if it does get implemented down the road, you’ll be kept in the loop. 🙂

I’ll be closing this thread but feel free to leave any additional questions on the thread linked above. I hope this helps!