Question

Add user to specific spreadsheet when Learndash course is completed

• 10 August 2021
  • 5 replies

Hello,

I need a solution that sends user meta data (preferably only select user meta) to a spreadsheet when they complete a learndash course in a specific course category.  For example, we have 200 elearning courses organized in a variety of course categories.  When a student completes any course in “category X”, I need their user data sent to a spreadsheet.  Is this possible with zapier?  If so, can you briefly explain the zap?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @APEXsafety 

Try adding a Filter to your Zap as Step 2: https://zapier.com/apps/filter/help

Steps

1. Trigger: LearnDash - Course Completed
  2. Action: Filter
  3. Action: GSheets - Add Row
Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @APEXsafety 

Yes, that is possible.

Taking information from selected users profile is going to be a bit complicated as you have to set up another google sheet and store all the users IDs so whenever they user is going through the automation they will filtered if they exist in the Google sheet. 

You can build this automation to take any user’s data whenever they complete a course 

www.zapier.com/apps/learndash/integrations/google-sheets

Thanks so much for the replies!  I just want to touch on the filter option mentioned so I understand:  There is a filter option to filter LD course completed triggers so that the zap is only activated when the course completed falls within a specific course category?  If that is the case this could be the solution I am looking for.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@APEXsafety 

Someones Zap triggers have configuration filter settings.

Other times, you can use a Filter as Step 2 in the Zap: https://zapier.com/apps/filter/help

TIP: When in doubt, test it out!

Thanks!  I don’t have it installed yet - just looking at any options I can think of to solve my present problem.  I may install the free version soon and give it a whirl.  I appreciate the help!