Question

Add integration to Wufoo form and connect to specific shared Dropbox

• 10 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Pardon me, but I am very new to using Zapier and may require some assistance to this process.

Some backstory: Years ago for our college, one of our IT programmers created a Wufoo integration directly with Dropbox, so that one of the forms filled out would dispense the contents into a shared Dropbox account and directory.

However, Wufoo has since disabled the feature and that person no longer works with the institution. Their account was disabled which broke the original grandfathered integration, so now I am currently trying to look through Zapier on how redo the process and reconnect the Wufoo form to the Dropbox. But I am having a hard time understanding some of the fields and what certain features mean or does what I want it to do.

The short version: I am trying to get contents of a submitted Wufoo form to go into a folder on a Dropbox account. Time is a bit critical on this and I am in dire need of assistance.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @MCC-ISS,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Just a little bit of clarification about your workflow, could you please let me know what format you need the contents of the submitted Wufoo form in? Would you like it as a PDF file or a text file?

Please keep us posted! 😊

Userlevel 1

Hi there @MCC-ISS,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Just a little bit of clarification about your workflow, could you please let me know what format you need the contents of the submitted Wufoo form in? Would you like it as a PDF file or a text file?

Please keep us posted! 😊

Sorry, let me clarify further. 

I would need the contents of the form itself, as well as material submitted by the users within the form (there are fields where users can submit further documents and files).

This is the form in question:

https://mclennan.wufoo.com/forms/m1jeu32t0bpzwuq/

Having it in PDF would be fine, but I would also need the user submitted files to also go into the Dropbox.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hey there @MCC-ISS -

I’m going to include a link to our Explore All Apps page, specifically a direct link to a Wufoo and Dropbox connection listing all the integration possibilities. 

Based on the context you provided, I believe this Zap would be best for you:

Trigger: New Entry (Wufoo) 

Action:  Upload File (Dropbox) 

However, it will be important that you map your fields appropriately, you can learn more on that here. I haven’t used this integration myself, so we may need to add an extra step in between to get the contents of the form into a file that moves over into Dropbox. If you try this out, and it does not work, please let us know and we can go back to the drawing board. 

If you are interested in working 1:1 with someone, or would like to take this off your hands you can always reach out to one of our lovely Experts as well. 

Let me know if you have any questions on any of this, or need more assistance. Always happy to help!