Best answer

Action to Add Path Not Showing Up

I am on the professional plan. I add a trigger than choose paths. Path A goes one way Path B another. It is here I need to add additional paths within A and B. These are nested paths which are suppose to be doable. However, I do not get the option, when adding the next action after the first path rules, to add another path. Instead it says it has to be at the last step. Well it is??? I am at a loss. 

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 24 May 2022, 20:13

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Ric Starost 

Good question.

5. Add more paths to your Zap

You can add up to 5 paths in your Zap, and up to three nested paths (paths within a path).
To set up your paths, repeat the steps above.

Paths must be the last step in a Zap.
If you want the same actions to occur for each path at the end of your Zap, add the actions to each path.

Hi @Ric Starost 

Good question.

5. Add more paths to your Zap

You can add up to 5 paths in your Zap, and up to three nested paths (paths within a path).
To set up your paths, repeat the steps above.

Paths must be the last step in a Zap.
If you want the same actions to occur for each path at the end of your Zap, add the actions to each path.

This canned response does not help. I want to create nested paths because I need more than 5 paths in a group. So I create 2 groups (paths) which then lead to other paths. I am at the end of the path and its acting like I am not. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Ric Starost 

Please post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured so we can have more context, thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Ric Starost 

Believe I was able to replicate your issue.

Please report this bug to Zapier Support via a ticket here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

As a workaround you can chain Zaps together using Webhooks to create paths, this actually gives you more flexibility.

Zaps can be duplicated, whereas Paths cannot.

Example structure is like this:

Zap 1

1. Trigger:
  2. Action: Webhook - POST

Zap 2

1. Trigger: Webhook - Catch Hook
    1. From Zap 1
  2. Action: Filter
  3. Action:

Zap 3

1. Trigger: Webhook - Catch Hook
    1. From Zap 1
  2. Action: Filter
  3. Action:

Thanks, I have submitted a ticket with screen shots and links to the Zap. So it is a bug then? I am not going. crazy. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Ric Starost 

Yes, appears to be a bug with the new Zap Editor, and I submitted a ticket as well.

@Ric Starost

Yes, appears to be a bug with the new Zap Editor, and I submitted a ticket as well.

Thank you for the quick response and help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Ric Starost! I am circling back here after catching up on your support ticket. It looks as though this Paths error is related to a bug affecting the action in our new Drafts Editor and that our support team will be reaching out to you as soon as this is resolved. 

If anyone else is running into the same issue, the best thing to do is to reach out to our support team to be added to the list of affected users. You can also request they revert your account back to the old editor interface (no Drafts functionality) to unblock you from configuring additional paths. 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Ric Starost 

This bug has been fixed per an update from Zapier Support.