Best answer

Zapier can't find my organization templates

• 21 January 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi

Im trying to create a document from a template but zapier cannot find my Gsuite templates.

I have also tried placing the url but it doesn’t work either. 

icon

Best answer by Ramiro 28 January 2022, 19:20

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Ramiro 

I do not believe your Googles Templates and Zapier “Google Templates” are referring to the same things. Zapier is referring to more or less plain Google Docs that have fillable merge fields. 

Try creating a regular google document with valid merge fields: here is an example you can copy

Hi, thank you for your reply. 

I have created a document as a template in google with the same exact text you have showed me, but it still doesnt work. 

The zap i am trying to use is “Create google Docs from template”, but when I try tu select the template I will use, none of the templates we have are reflected. 

Can you help me?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Ramiro 

Try putting the static ID of the GDoc from the browser URL into the Template Document field using the ‘Custom’ option:

I found a way to solve it. 

I think it is beacuse Zapier cannot read templates inside your organizations folders. 

If you move your template to root it works. 

Thanks a lot for your help. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for circling back to let everyone know what ended up working for you, @Ramiro! 🥳