Best answer

Zap Off/On and Edit History

• 29 October 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hey! I'm troubleshooting an old Zap, and noticed that it didn't trigger for a period of about 2 months, which is an oddly long timeframe to not fire for this Zap.

It would be great to be able to see a record of when a Zap was turned on and off, and by whom, as well as an edit history of a Zap (like Google Docs).

I don't think either of these are currently publicly available, though I suspect a Support request may be able to get me the info I need. However, I figured I would post it here to see if there is something I don't know, or if a Support request is the way to go, for others to get that answer as well!

icon

Best answer by Danvers 29 October 2019, 08:29

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge

This feature is definitely needed (one of the first things I would put into place for myself if I had API access). I try and keep on top of the on/off status by using Zapier Manager and getting notifications for every Zap turned off. The problem is you get notifications every time you change a zap. Would be great if there was more granular control. I also get notifications for Errors and Halted zaps but they also need more granular controls.

Version history would also be great - I've made many an inadvertent change to a zap and then struggled to get back to the original. The best way to avoid this is to make a copy of every zap before editing and then only edit the original, but this is cumbersome.

A lot of the info is already there. You can see it if you ever export your task history, but the schema mappings are very complex and difficult to decipher.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi Blake!

There isn't an edit history for the Zap, sorry about that! You're right that there isn't a public facing view of who or what turned the Zap off and on, but there is one that the Support Team can look at.

It's best if you ask them for events in a specific time frame as it's not something that we can export and send over to you, though we're more than happy to take a look and let you know when a Zap was turned off or on and why/by whom.

@ChrisP makes a good point about using a Zapier Manager trigger. It can let you know when a Zap is turned off, which you could can use with an Action (email, Slack, etc ) to get a notification whenever that happens.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@ChrisP Thanks for the feedback about what the additional controls that you'd like to see for the Zapier Manager app and the notification emails - I've made passed that on to the team!

Userlevel 2
Badge

I’d like the version history for each zap to be stored as files in a git repo.