Question

Photo sent to Todoist from Jotform not displayed - “Unsupported Content - Type” error

• 22 August 2021
  • 4 replies

I have a Zap to make a new Todoist task on submission of a Jotform.  When I add a jpg or png file to the comment that was taken with a jotform widget it will not display in Todoist due to “Unsupported Content - Type”.  If I take a photo and add it to the comment with their app it displays the .jpg with no issues.  

Any suggestions on how to get an image file to display using this integration?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Sethgol 

Please post screenshots of how your Zap steps are configured, thanks.

TIP: Make sure your JotForm Account Settings for Privacy to uncheck the ”Require log-in to view uploaded files.”.

Troy, thanks for the comment.   I checked and I do have the “Require log-in to view ...” unchecked.   My Zap flow is

Then I select my Jotform account the and proper form in the next steps.  THen on to ToDoist

Then I select my todoist account  and the following action with some test data shown

I tried widgets for both .png and .jpg files.  Here is what the error looks like in todoist

If I use the todist app and snap a picture to put in the comments is displays fine.  I hope this is clear enough.  Thanks for the consideration.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Sethgol,

When you click that image URL, does it show the image in your web browser or does it prompt you to download the file?

I tested this in a Zap connected to my own Todoist account with a different image (.png) and it was able to show a preview in Todoist correctly. So I suspect that if you’re not able to view the image at that file link and it prompts you to download it that could be why Todoist is having trouble rendering a preview of it.

Are you able to upload the file to somewhere like Dropbox or Google Drive to get a new link for the image to check whether Todoist is then able to render the preview image correctly?

If that works, then you may need to add an Upload File step to your Zap to upload a copy of the JotForm image to Dropbox, Google Drive etc. to get a publicly accessible link (that doesn’t require it to be downloaded) and then use the link it generates in your Todoist step instead.

Hopefully that will do the trick! :)

@SamB 

Yes, I can download the file with the link, I should have mentioned that.  But I was hoping to be able to see the pictures in the todoist app.  I might try your two step solution but I will have to consider if I am upgrading from my free account.

This is my first Zap so I am learning but your solution sounds like it has promise.  I would have to figure out how, if it is possible, to get the hosted image included as a comment in the todoist new task.  I need to have not only the image added.  I need to set up a new todist task with information in the jotform.  I think I would have to create the new task and then add the comment to the task I created if that is possible.