Best answer

Pardot Integration Login

• 21 January 2021
  • 23 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello Zapier Community!

I am trying to connect directly to my Pardot account by have noticed an issue with the login credentials. My Pardot user is synced with Salesforce - which is something that is changing from Salesforce to Pardot.

Has anyone else have/had this issue? We are using the standard edition of Pardot and we sync our users from SFDC, but this is a troubling step to get Pardot integrated with Zapier.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by jesse 11 February 2021, 19:33

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

23 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@dorowj 

I'm going to flag this post for the Zapier Community Team. They should have more insight on this and can escalate to the support team if needed.

Sit tight, and someone will contact you soon.

Userlevel 1

Hello - I am in the same boat. Pardot is changing their access policies to remove the ability to create Pardot-only users. On February 15th, all Pardot users will authenticate into Pardot via Salesforce SSO. What are Zapier’s plans to address the inability to access the Pardot API with a connected user? Salesforce help documentation from months ago said they were directly outreaching to Zapier to work through these challenges. It would be great to hear proactive communication from the Zapier side. As it stands, this is a showstopper for us (and likely many others) and will require us to move on from Zapier as the basic functionality we need from Zapier is no longer present. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @dorowj!

Looks like you’ve got a great conversation going with our Support team and they’re helping you out with this! If you have any further questions you can reply to that thread :)

I did see that you’d expressed frustration about having to be on a specific Pardot plan in order to connect to Zapier. I totally understand that, and have found myself in a similar boat. In this case, Pardot API access is only included with Plus or Advanced edition accounts. You literally can’t access that feature if they see that you don’t have a plan that includes that feature. We can’t provide a way to get around that, nor would we, since the app developer has laid it out in their pricing structure that some plans have access to their API and others don’t.

@john.radcliffe (cc: @AndrewJDavison_Luhhu)!

We are aware of this upcoming change and we're actively working to get this taken care of. I have added you to our report for this specific issue, so we can let you know as soon as we have this up and running. 

From Salesforce:

Beginning on February 15, 2021 and coinciding with the Spring ’21 release, Pardot’s user authentication system will be discontinued and all users will be required to use Salesforce single sign-on (SSO). All Pardot users not enabled with Salesforce SSO by February 15, 2021 will lose the ability to log into Pardot until they are connected to a Salesforce user.

It seems like you’ll have to change things over on the Pardot side, to sign in with Salesforce SSO, and the Zapier integration will support that same method of connecting. So the two will be aligned.

Hope that helps to clarify!

Userlevel 1

@nicksimard Thanks for the reply. What timeline are you expecting?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @john.radcliffe!

I don’t have an exact timeline but I do know that it’s a pressing issue and we’re trying to get this done sooner than later, such that users will be able to start re-connecting their accounts as soon as the replacement integration is ready. Rest assured that we’re fully invested in getting this all set up as soon as we can :)

Userlevel 1

@nicksimard Pardot authentication changeover will be required on Feb 15. Will your development work be ready before that? Not sure how realistic it will be for us to remain Zapier users if the main reason we purchased it is no longer usable. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @john.radcliffe

I understand your frustration at not being able to get a solid estimate for when we’ll be able to update the Pardot app so that it works with the new authentication. I’m sorry that we don’t have a more concrete date for you right now. 

I’ve added you to the list of affected users so we’ll send you an email when that change does happen. 

Please add me to the list of affected users as well.  It is business critical that this gets completed in time for the changeover. Keep in mind that all of us users need time to make adjustments too so a few days before the changeover would be ideal. 

Thanks you and the team for working to make this happen. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Cavensprawl!

Thanks for your message and I’m sorry that I don’t have any other information for you right now. I’ve added you to the list of affected users so you’ll definitely get an email when we have an update.

Userlevel 2
Badge

We’re impacted by this as well, was planning to turn on Salesforce SSO in Pardot this Friday ahead of the deadline but this issue is a blocker. Commenting to follow the thread.

Please add me to the list of affected users as well.  It is business critical that this gets completed in time for the changeover. Keep in mind that all of us users need time to make adjustments too so a few days before the changeover would be ideal.

Hi there, I’d also like to be added to the list of affected users and to be notified of any updates, thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@jasonsamuels, @kvince and @brhyme I’ve added you to our issue report so you’ll get an email when this has been resolved by our team, in addition to the update that we’ll post on this thread. Thanks! 

Hello, can you please add me to the list of affected users to be notified of any updates? Cheers!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @JohnSimpsonZaps - I’ve added you to that, thank you!

Hi @Danvers - could you add me as well?

Userlevel 1

Hello - I’ve yet to receive any communication or indication I’ve actually been added to an issue report. Has anyone else? It is not clear to me that Zapier is doing much on this issue...would love to hear a status or anything of that kind that indicates Zapier has/might in the future address this problem. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@thomasrode - you have been added to this request!

@john.radcliffe - I see you have been in communication with Leo from Support who relayed that we are unable to provide an estimate of when something gets fixed/implemented, as there are too many contributing factors and we don't want to set wrong expectations either.

I can see the team is actively working on this and we can guarantee to follow-up once it has been resolved, where we will send out an email to all affected users.

hi @Danvers, we are affected as well. Please add us to the list of affected users. It is business-critical that this gets completed in time for the changeover. 

Thanks

Hello @Liz_Roberts, our org is affected as well, please add me to list of users to notify

thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Alexander.Melnytskyy @gnagy - I have added you both as impacted users and you will receive any updates via email!

Userlevel 1

This is a huge issue for us.  Our fully automated process that flows into Pardot will be breaking in 4 days on 2/15/2021 since that is when Pardot no longer supports Pardot-only users and must be synced with Salesforce.   Please fix this ASAP and keep us updated on progress! @Liz_Roberts  Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey everyone! Beginning on February 15, 2021, Pardot’s user authentication system will be discontinued and all users will be required to use Salesforce single sign-on (SSO) to connect their Pardot accounts via Zapier. Note:

• Existing Zaps will continue to work until June 2021.
  • We’ve built a new Pardot integration, which supports Salesforce SSO. As of February 8th, 2021, all new Zaps will be created using the new Pardot integration.

We’ve created a help article for y’all to reference that explains how this may impact you and what steps you’ll need to take to update your Zaps: https://zapier.com/help/doc/common-problems-pardot#spring-of-2021-changes-to-pardot-authentication

We hope this helps provide a solid path forward for y’all who are experiencing this issue!