Best answer

Mysql connection to Aws aurora serverless database using SSH?

• 11 November 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

We have migrated our old database to Aurora Serverless Database. But this service doesn’t allow access to the database from outside the VPC since it’s serverless.

The only way to connect to the Mysql database is to use a SSH tunnel to the VPC or to enable data api to be able to send queries to the new database. So we have to update all our Zaps.

Is there an easy way to connect to serverless database without updating our Zaps ?

Thank you 

icon

Best answer by SamB 2 November 2021, 12:21

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Moving this to “Ask The Community” for more visibility.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Adnen 
Just checking in to see if you still need help with this? 

Any update on this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Adnen and @azai91!

Did you manage to find a solution here? 

If not, it sounds like you both might be wanting to connect to a mySQL database through an SSH tunnel, is that correct? We have an existing feature request for the ability to do that, as it’s not currently possible. We’d be happy to add your votes to that feature request if that’s something you’re interested in?

Please let us know! :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just wanted to follow up here to confirm that both @Adnen and @azai91 have been added to that feature request.

We don’t have an ETA on when it will be possible to connect via a SSH tunnel but we’ll reach out via email as soon as it is! :)

@SamB, I noticed in another thread that has now been closed that Zapier has a “wish list item” for creating the ability to connect Zapier to a SQL via an SSH tunnel. Do you have an update on this functionality? Also, will you please add me to the update list for this functionality? 

Link to thread referenced above: 

Thank you, 

AJC

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi there, @ajrepowr! Thanks for reaching out. I went ahead and moved your question to the original thread. 🙂

I’ve also got your vote added to the feature request as well! While we don’t have an update to share, we’ll keep you and the thread in the loop as soon as we know more.