Best answer

Issue with Facebook Group error (this also happened previously too)

Userlevel 1
Badge

About a week ago or so there started to be some issues with my current zap not posting to my Facebook group like expected. It has since errored out and shut off. I’ve gone in and reconnected my Facebook account, testing it successfully in My Apps, but within my zap itself it fails to test and presents an unknown error without any advice on what is going on. 

Of course Zapier is added to the FB group, it’s been working well for the last few weeks/months until just recently. Anyone else experiencing anything like this? Suggestions? 

icon

Best answer by steph.n 14 July 2020, 03:37

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’ve removed Zapier from my Facebook group’s approved apps. Removed all of my connections to Facebook within Zapier. Added the connection back again, added the Zapier app back to the Facebook group, and still getting the same unknown error. I even tried testing it to another Facebook group of mine and I still had the same error.  

Userlevel 1
Badge

Here is some more confusing information. When I try to test the zap (or have it enabled) it actually does create a blank post in the FB groups, however, none of us (mods/admins) can see these blank posts but our group members do! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @JohnOM, I’m sorry that you’ve been having some trouble with your Facebook Groups Zap. 

I think that we’ll need the Support Team to dig a little deeper on this one, so I’ve passed your message on to them. Someone will be in touch via email as soon as possible - thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi there @JohnOM - Thanks for being patient. It looks like our team sent you an answer:

Unfortunately, we've recently started seeing an uptick of error messages with 500 codes in our Facebook Groups integration. A number of other users have been affected by this; therefore, we have an open issue report with our engineering team to investigate why this is happening.

I have added your name and email to a list of affected users to be notified when this is fixed. I'm afraid I don't know what the timeline would be, but you will automatically be notified as soon as we've closed the issue.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yes, still waiting on a resolution. My zap and posts still aren’t working yet :( 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Any updates on this issue? I’m sure this may seem minor but I do depend on this functionality to work to support posting content to our FB group during the day to keep engagement up. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @JohnOM ,

So sorry you are being impacted by this- I see you have been in touch with Erika in Support who added some weight to the issue by adding you as an impacted user as prioritization is largely dependent on the number of customers affected!

To second Erika, I’m sorry we don't have a more definitive answer here as you depend on this functionality to keep engagement up. You will be notified just as soon as we have an update on this one!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Still haven’t heard anything yet :sob:

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @JohnOM ,

I’m so sorry this is still impacting your workflow. I see that Caleb in Support has suggested testing out a couple things with your configuration that I’m hoping may work for you in the short-term!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @JohnOM ,

I’m so sorry this is still impacting your workflow. I see that Caleb in Support has suggested testing out a couple things with your configuration that I’m hoping may work for you in the short-term!

Looks like this issue is back again for FB groups. I’ve removed and added the zapier app to the group but the Zap settings still doesn’t see any groups.  FB group app/account has been reconnected and tested and shows good to go. Not too sure what’s going on. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@JohnOM - I hate to hear you’re running into a similar issue again with this Zap!! I recommend replying back to the thread you had going with Caleb in Support as they will have the previous context along with access to your specific configuration to troubleshoot and hopefully get you squared away!

Hello, I am having the same issue. It´s been8 months sinve this thread was opened. Is there a permanet solution? Thank you

I’m having the same issue as the above users. I’ve tried a few different approaches and have had no results. Is there a known fix for this yet or do I need to submit a support ticket?

Looks like I’m having the same problem now? Any new solution to this?