Best answer

Is it possible to trigger on sent emails in Microsoft Outlook?

• 26 February 2021
  • 5 replies

I need to monitor outlook 365 sent emails .

I cannot find any trigger for the same.

please advise

Very urgent

icon

Best answer by SamB 17 January 2024, 15:09

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @devteam 

The Outlook/Office365 Zap app integrations do not have an available trigger for sent emails.

Perhaps look into leveraging an Outlook Rule…

@Troy Tessalone  Any work around

Can we create some custom zapier app or trigger for the same that uses outlook Api and use it to monitor sent emails

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@devteam 

I’m not sure what the Outlook API offers in terms of triggers for sent emails.

If possible, you may be able to leverage the Outlook API via Webhook steps or Code steps.

Webhooks: https://zapier.com/apps/webhook/integrations#triggers-and-actions

Code: https://zapier.com/apps/code/help

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just wanted to follow up here to confirm that it’s not currently possible with the Microsoft Outlook integration to trigger a Zap when an email is sent. That said, there’s an existing feature request for a Email Sent trigger to be added. @devteam, I’ve added your vote for this feature request. I don’t have an ETA on when it will be available but we’ll be sure to email you as soon as it is. 

For anyone that stumbles across this closed thread looking to do the same, our Support team will be happy to add your vote for the request. Just contact them through the Get Help form to request to be added! :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi folks! 

Just circling back in here to confirm that a New Message in Folder trigger has been added to the Microsoft Outlook app which will allow you to trigger on emails added to a specific folder, such as the Sent folder. This should allow your Zaps to trigger when a new email is sent. 😁🎉

ed75bbf97426aac6e435581dd4aa9b42.png

If you run into any issues using that trigger please do let us know in the Community. In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡