Question

HubSpot not finding a match for deal name


Badge

I feel like I am going crazy. 

 

I am trying to perform a very routine use of the find deal. 

 

I have an exact match of this deal name in Hubspot, I perform the below 

 

And it gives me this error. 

 

I also just tried searching for “Hewlett” Manually through the zap, and tested it with a different deal and it still gave me the error, its like its not accessing my list of deals? 


10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @mike999302 

Make sure there aren’t any extra spaces before/between/after in the Zap configuration as well as in the GSheets trigger data.

Perhaps try removing the comma in the deal name value as that may cause issues.

Badge

Even when i just search Hewlett it does not work.

Badge

i have now just added to find by deal id and the exact deal id is not finding a match either? 

 

very odd.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@mike999302 

FYI: Depends on the app and logic, but often partial matches don’t return matches.

Check your Zap app connection for HubSpot: https://zapier.com/app/connections

Check your selected HubSpot connection in the Zap step.

Badge

just tested the connection between zap and hubspot and its successful. Just tried get deal as an action and it found it by Deal ID, but the zap I am trying to build, i dont want to have to use deal ID, hence the “find deal” based on the name etc

Badge

Is there any other way to look up a deal, I have the associated contacts email address in my workflow, could i use that to look up the contact (although contacts can have multiple deals) 

 

 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@mike999302 

Perhaps try a different example from the trigger to see if it’s an isolated incident with that record data.

Article: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/change-the-test-data-in-your-zap-trigger

Badge

Yeah I have tried that as well, i managed to get it to find one deal by just typing in EXACTLY the deal name into the zap, but when I used the exact same text into the google sheet it did not find it via the zap. 

it seems like the find deal function is fairly limited and its quite frustrating. But I guess I will get our team to manually look up the deal ID and then that solves any issues around bad matches, failed matches etc. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@mike999302 

Not sure how data is getting added/updated onto the GSheet, but you may want to think about having another column on the GSheet for HubSpot Deal ID, that is populated when a HubSpot Deal is created, that way it could be used dynamically in the Zap.

I do a lot of hubspot lookups by name like this. Had the same issue until I started storing deal names in a spreadsheet via zapier, and only looking up Deals by name by first grabbing them (with zapier) from that spreadsheet so they are exact exact exact. 

 

When done this way, it finds it. 

 

 

Reply